Best Toothpaste and Toothbrushes (Manual + Electric) for Your Stocking Stuffers
With the holidays upon us, we know it can be hard to find the perfect gift idea for everyone in your life. As cliche as it sounds, many of us love to gift our families and friends with the best toothpaste and toothbrushes to clean teeth in braces, Invisalign or pediatric orthodontics.
See our recommendations below.
Our Best Toothbrush (Manual + Electric) Recommendations
When shopping for a new toothbrush, it’s important to find one that works properly for your needs. For people who have a hard time brushing for the full two minutes, an electric toothbrush can be extremely helpful as it indicates when to switch areas of your mouth. For those in your family with braces, orthodontic manual toothbrushes can be perfect, as they reach behind braces better than a regular toothbrush.
Here’s our list of the top toothbrushes to consider:
And Don’t Forget to Floss While We Straighten Your Teeth!
- Oral-B Kids Electric Rechargeable Power Toothbrush: A great electric toothbrush option for kids with braces, the distinct shape of the Oral-B Kids Electric Rechargeable Power Toothbrush allows the brushes to surround each tooth for cleaning around brackets and wires. This design also boasts a waterproof handle and uses a Sensitive Clean toothbrush head for gentle brushing, making it easy and fun for your kids to develop good brushing habits!
- Philips Sonicare 2: A high-performing electric toothbrush without a high-end price, the Philips Sonicare 2 features a two-minute timer, rechargeable battery, comfortable grip and sonic wave technology that leaves your teeth feeling smooth and clean. This toothbrush can be a great option for those with braces who are looking for an electric toothbrush.
- Oral-B Pro 1000: Another great electric toothbrush option under $50, the Oral-B Pro 1000 comes with a charging pedestal and lasts for a week before needing a recharge. If you choose this option, make sure you also get the Precision Clean replacement heads, which are specifically designed to ease the cleaning of braces.
- Oral-B Pro-Health Toothbrush: One of the best manual toothbrushes for braces, the bristles on the Oral-B Pro-Health Toothbrush crisscross at the ideal angle to reach all of the tight and small spaces that a standard brush may miss. This budget brush for braces can easily clean around the brackets and get underneath wires.
- Colgate Ortho Toothbrush: Another option for a good manual toothbrush, the firm inner bristles on the Colgate Ortho Toothbrush clean around the brackets and wires, while the soft outer bristles remove destructive bacteria and plaque from the gum line and surface of your teeth.
Our Best Toothpaste Recommendations
When selecting a toothpaste to use with braces, we have three rules of thumb:
- Use Fluoride Toothpaste: An important component in tooth strengthening and healing, fluoride makes teeth less susceptible to being eaten away by acid, food, and bacteria. It also makes the enamel on your teeth strong, reduces tooth decay, and minimizes acid damage from acid erosion caused by certain foods and drinks.
- Look for Tartar Control: A hard substance caused by continuous plaque build-up, tartar can lead to tooth decay and periodontal disease, so look for a toothpaste that promotes tartar control.
- Stay Away From Whitening Products: Because toothpaste does not touch the part of your teeth behind your metal or ceramic brackets, we do not recommend using whitening products while in braces as your teeth would whiten unevenly.
We strongly recommend brushing your teeth after each meal, typically three times a day. If you have any questions about buying a new toothbrush, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We’d love to meet you.
Happy Holidays from the Gorman & Bunch family to yours!